According to the New Zealand Herald KFC is to launch their new Double Down Burger/Sandwich thingie.
What makes this so special… While we strive to cut out things like bread/breadrolls due to their harsh effects on the body… If you (like me) have a love for sandwiches, and need a solution to the processed starch problem.
Well KFC has a proposed alternative (not answer). The specs for this sandwich are as follows as per NZ herald
“The Double Down Sandwich is made of two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of cheese and a secret-ingredient sauce encased in two deep-fried slabs of chicken. It is to be released in Australia today.
A spokeswoman for Restaurant Brands New Zealand yesterday said a launch date for the new burger has not been confirmed, however it is “not very far away”.”
some of the nutritional info includes
” 1939 kilojoules, the 212g original recipe has 32g of fat and 540 calories; while the grilled version has 460 calories and 23g of fat.”
Australian nutritionist Susie Burrell said it would take about two hours of walking to burn off the calories.
And for those who are trying to sort out their lives by calorie counting here are some other culprits and some info pertaining to them.
* Double Down Sandwich: Original – 540 calories, 32g fat, 1380mg sodium.
* Grilled – 460 calories, 23g fat, 1430mg sodium
* McDonald’s Big Mac: 26g fat, 1080mg sodium
* McDonald’s The Boss: 44.4g fat, 1120mg sodium
* Burger King Double Whopper: 54g fat, 1088mg sodium
* Burger King Hawaiian BK Chicken: 48g fat, 1805mg sodium”
Just because Im amazing